Life is all about trying new things!

Our time in Playa Junquillal was incredible, there is nothing like vitamin D and salty sea water to feel alive. Guanacaste, Costa Rica offers tourists year-round sunny weather, amazing beaches and rural landscapes filled with forests. It is also the “Golden Coast” of Costa Rica and is a top destination for beachgoers. This was only made better by having unexpected company during our time here. Our cousins (Matt, Katie and Abby) happened to be only 1km away and made this part of the trip even sweeter. We enjoyed some fantastic Costa Rican meals, beautiful beaches and extraordinary sunsets together and made some lasting memories too! Getting to know Abby (away from all the big family get-togethers) was such a gift, she is smart and curious and it was great to see Costa Rica through 4-year-old eyes. 

Katie, Matt and Abby

Sunset with Abby

Lola’s Beach Bar

Farm Life 

Back breaker’s with Uncle Rob

So this year is all about taking risks, trying new things and exploring. I put on my one-piece surfing suit and decided it was a great time to try surfing. We headed to Playa Avellana about 20 minutes north of us to check this off our bucket list. I'm not gonna lie, I was terrified and I was convinced I would get hurt but I pushed all those negative thoughts aside and for a change listen to my husband who was trying to convince me that I would do great. It turned out he was right this time. It was a great experience, our instructor was patient and helped us to eventually get ourselves up on the board and ride the waves. I guess it's true what they say about “it's never too old to learn something new”.

Surfer Girl
Surfer Dude

Rob also got an opportunity to go SCUBA diving out in Tamarindo, where he says he has had his best dive ever. He was surrounded by schools of fish and saw sharks, stingrays and octopuses just to name a few. Rob has not been successful in convincing me to take up diving, I believe it's important to have separate interests too. And that's the story I'm sticking too.


After 4 days at our beachfront villa, we travelled 5 hours to our next destination Manuel Antonio with a little pit stop for lunch in Jaco. Jaco is one of the most developed beach towns in CR and close to the capital San Jose which makes it a popular destination. On TikTok I found a great place to eat called Koko Gastro Bar. We had a fantastic lunch with fresh MahiMahi right on the beach and a Mango Coconut Margarita....so good before heading to Manuel Antonio. 

Koko Gastro Bar, Jaco

Koko Gastro Bar Beach View

Manuel Antonio is home to equal parts beachside view and jungle fun, with lots of opportunities for outdoor adventure. Stay tuned to see what we do here in Quepos and Manuel Antonio...

Sunset in Quepos






Comments

  1. What a lovely part of the world!!! ☀️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Time For Another Adventure

The Magic of Cartagena

Madeira is More Than Just My Last Name