Hello Delray Beach…

This past weekend was filled with spending time with Simone (taking in the Bridgerton Ball) and dinner with friends before heading off on the next leg of our year of travel. 


It was an interesting journey but we made it to Florida.  Not even a snowstorm in Buffalo over the weekend stopped us. We drove straight through for 22 hours, stopping for gas fill ups and bathroom breaks only. My mother-in-law Anna came along for the trip and we hope she enjoys her time with us for a few weeks. My father-in-law and his wife Antonella are already in Florida and we couldn't be happier to have them with us for a few days of family time together before they head back to Canada.

The drive was a long one and I'm a really baby when it comes to long road trips, especially when there is nothing interesting to see and I don't make for a good passenger because I get car sick unless I'm driving.  Yes, I love to drive but I think it might also be a control thing.  Luckily, my husband has no problem handing over the wheel and my favourite thing to do while driving is listen to my murder mystery podcasts while trying to beat the arrival time on the GPS.

Delray Beach is my happy place, and the one thing that kept me going on the drive was knowing that the beach was going to be there waiting for me.  After a few hours of sleep, we headed to the beach where we enjoyed a beautiful afternoon basking in the sun, walking the beach, swimming and catching up with Rob’s dad and stepmom. The seagulls were so happy to see us too, they couldn’t contain themselves and christened Rob after just a few minutes of settling in on the beach. In case you were wondering yes I also made a couple of pit stops on the way back to the condo. It wouldn’t be a day in Delray without a required stop at Ross Dress for Less and Trader Joes, so we did that too.

These next two weeks are all about hanging out with the folks and embracing this time to be with our parents.  My parents will be coming down in just a couple of days too.  Although we think we have lots of time with them, the reality is you never know and part of this year is about having no regrets. But more than that it’s about creating opportunities to make memories and bring joy. As a parent, I can completely understand the importance of having your kids around you no matter how old they are. 

It is also the first time I will be celebrating American Thanksgiving here in Florida. I’m told it’s bigger than Christmas and a huge deal. I will let you know how it goes in the next post.

Thanks for following us along and for all the amazing comments!

Comments

  1. Glad you had a safe trip through Buffalo. Enjoy that warm weather and bring some with you!!
    Question is... did you bring a carry-on only to Florida? 😉

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Time For Another Adventure

The Magic of Cartagena

Madeira is More Than Just My Last Name