Time to Leave Again Soon - Next ... Road Trip

Time To Plan Our Road Trip

It's been two weeks back in Mississauga. We got home just in time for Halloween, Simone's first Brock Mainstage performance, strike action (glad I picked this year to be off) and some Mirvish productions. 






Being home for the last couple of weeks has been a bit of a struggle, not going to lie.  Although I am grateful for the nice weather, it definitely made the transition a little easier.  However, the jetlag has been a killer this time around. It's been great to see family and friends but now that I have done that I'm ready to go see and do more.  

We are off to Florida in just over a week to practice being "snowbirds" for the season. I'm not crazy about driving down but it makes sense because we are going to be there for awhile. Our plan is to make home base Delray Beach for the next 4 months.  Rob is very excited to avoid the winter months here in Canada.  We have some family and friends who will be coming down to join us here and there which will be great. Both Simone and Matteo will be joining us for Christmas in Delray Beach. It will definitely be great to have the 4 of us back together again! 

We haven't exactly figured out where we are heading next but we are planning to explore Central and South America in January while we are in Florida. Definitely want to fly out to Texas and Arizona too, they are two states on our bucket list and Spirit Airlines has some great deals we hope to take advantage of. I'm also looking forward to just enjoying the Delray Life, as many of you know it's my happy place but we have never been there longer that 3 weeks, so I'm going to soak in as much time in between our trips and visitors to take advantage of my time there.

Planning the road trip and finding ways to make the time go by quickly in the car is my next task.  If anyone has any tips...feel free to share!

In light of Remembrance Day, let us take a moment to honour those who have given so much for us.

 A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” – Joseph Campbell

Comments

  1. I love this blog. Miss you guys! - Badr / Asensio clan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Time For Another Adventure

The Magic of Cartagena

Madeira is More Than Just My Last Name