Back to My Happy Place - Delray Revisited

You knew it, I had to take one more trip back to my Happy Place...Delray Beach. Due to some circumstances beyond my control we had to keep this trip short and I didn't want to be too far from home. Two weeks  in Delray is better than nothing! We also brought along some extra company, including my mom. Before the pandemic we had planned to take Simone and her childhood friend Liya to the condo. However, just a few days before the March Break we decided to cancel and promised to make it up....now we can cross that off the list too!

Off We Go ... Air Transat Is Taking Us To Delray!
When Did These Girls Become Such Beauties??

My Two Trouble Makers 🙈

Spending time in Delray truly feels like home (like I've mentioned many times 😂), the warm weather, pickleball courts and our cozy condo were all waiting for us! Getting to the Las Verdes gates always brings me joy. Simone and Liya were great company and made this last trip to Florida before the end of our year of travel very memorable.  The girls loved to shop, try new restaurants, take in the rays and the waves and spent some time people watching on the strip of Delray. The highlight as usual was our Monday night at Johnny Brown's watching the local Karaoke talent.  

Always A Stop At Kilwins

Checking Out West Palm Beach, Seeing How The Other Half Live At The Breakers.

Old Key Lime Restaurant in Lantana

Singer Island, Vitamin Sea

Taking In The Delray Strip

Sharing A Drink At Johnny Brown's

The girls and my mom stayed with us for one week and then Rob and I got a chance to spend another week hanging out.  Although it got cut short due to a death in the family, we managed to make the best out of the days we were there.  In between Rob's consulting schedule we found time to get some practice on the court, swim in the ocean and soak in some time together. Our friend Lori hosted a wonderful dinner just before we left. We got to meet some new neighbours and enjoy some time together with other players off the pickleball court. 

Dinner at Lori's

The Pickleball Girls 

Father's Day Car Show In Delray

As we begin the countdown back to reality, we have many things to be grateful for, including the opportunity to spend time travelling with our family and friends. We have also learned to appreciate each other and find new ways to enjoy this next phase of our lives.  There is something about Delray that always grounds me and helps me to see that the future looks bright...but maybe that has something to do with the sunshine!

Damn, We Look So Much Better In Delray!

Our last destination is just around the corner and this one is going to be a family trip with the kids.  Heading back to my homeland Portugal....but this time we plan to visit new and exciting places! Stay Tuned!!!!!

Comments

  1. You two look amazing. The only difference I can see is that you still have lots of hair. Oops? Sorry Rob.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Time For Another Adventure

The Magic of Cartagena

Madeira is More Than Just My Last Name